Monday, April 16, 2012

Pressing Questions

    I. Was. Sick.
    I had a pneumonia thing over my school vacation. It really stunk. 
    But I also did a lot of fun stuff. I went over to my friend's house, went bowling with my dad (18 points in 6 frames....yeah, I'm great), and went to my favorite Italian place. Also, I have been on a roll with piano lately. It's quite fun. I'm learning how to play 'Jar of Hearts' by Christina Perri, which is so much fun because the piano part is one of the prettiest things my ears have ever heard. 
    My chorus class is going on a field trip Wednesday. I don't know how I feel about field trips. Buses are just not for me (back problems....this is the one reason this paragraph is related to arthritis), and they throw off my internal schedule a little bit. Hopefully this one will be fun. Stan (my eraser turtle) visited my chorus class today. He was disappointed to find out that only four people were recognizing his singing efforts. 
   I am sorry for not posting in so long. Again, I was sick. I really just felt like sleeping. Plus, most of the time these blog posts end up being pretty deep, and I didn't feel like thinking much. 
   So I don't have much to blog about. I see my pediatric rheumatologist tomorrow, so THAT should be interesting. These appointments don't exactly have a history of good communication and "smooth sailing", if you will. I'll try to blog again by Friday, that way I can give updates. Because things WILL change. 
   I really have no clue what to blog about right now. I could tell you about the pain, but I've spoken of that. Nothing has changed. Maybe that's what hurts more than my joints sometimes. I am writing this in between listening to 'Drive By' by Train on constant repeat.
   Aha! I found a website with 40 of life's "pressing questions" so I decided that I'll answer a couple, since I really don't have anything better to write on here. :)

Q1: What are the top three qualities you look for in a friend?
   A: 1. Uniqueness. I don't want to be friends with two of the same person.
     2. Non-ignorant. I can't think of a more direct word that means this, so I just put two together. Ignorance is one of the biggest things that gets on my nerves. I absolutely can't do it. Ignorance to me includes being shallow, discriminatory, and judgmental.
     3. A sense of humor. I don't take myself too seriously and I wouldn't want my friends to.

Q2: When did you first realize that life was short?
   A: When I turned 10, because then I was double digits and I was like "Oh my gosh, it's not as long as I thought."

Q3: What's a common misconception people have about you?
   A: Probably that I'm some freak-nerd because I skipped a grade. Also, people have misconceptions about my arthritis since it is constantly associated with osteoarthritis.

Q4: When you look into the past, what do you miss the most?
   A: Not being in constant pain.

Q5: What have you done that you are truly proud of?
   A: Learned American Sign Language, created this blog, made the decision to skip a grade even when I was terrified.

Q6: What didn't last forever, but was still worth your while?
   A: Water therapy (tear tear)

Well, that officially fills up this blog post! Send me prayers regarding to my appointment tomorrow! Thanks!

Love,
Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or shoot me an email - thekidwitharthritis@gmail.com I'll try to get back to you either way!