Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Musical Therapy

    I have a pretty specific playlist that I utilize whenever my arthritis is causing me to feel crushed. I decided to share some of these song with you all, in case you ever find yourself in need of some musical therapy.

Slow:
  • "Try Again" by Keane
  • "The Scientist" by Coldplay
  • "Does Anybody Hear Her" by Casting Crowns 
  • "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane
  • "Untitled Hymn (Come to Jesus)" by Chris Rice 
  • "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley 
  • "Blessings" by Laura Story
  • "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol
Upbeat:
  • "Is It Any Wonder?" by Keane
  • "Where I Belong" by Building 429 
  • "Nobody's Home" by Avril Lavigne 
  • "Cough Syrup" by Glee Cast
  • "How to Save a Life" by The Fray 
  • "You Will Find Me" by Andrew Ripp
  • "Be Ok" by Ingrid Michaelson 
  • "Strong Enough" by Matthew West
    Well, that was a REALLY long list of suggestions. But all of these songs are really great, so check them out sometime. My personal favorites are "Does Anybody Hear Her", "You Will Find Me", and "Nobody's Home" (especially the bridge). "Be Ok" is pretty much the chronic illness anthem, so I would suggest that one too.
    My arthritis has been pretty bad lately. I don't know what to do with it. We still have a couple months to allow the Enbrel to kick in, but it has done absolutely nothing so far. If anything, my arthritis has gotten worse. I'm ready to get on top of my arthritis. Maybe that's the first step, or maybe it's empty wishing.
    I hope this list helps a day or two, because it has helped me a lot.

Love,
Rachel 

2 comments:

  1. I'm always in need of new music... It helps SO much during those tough nights!

    Blessings by Laura Story has kind of been my "stand by song" throughout most of my journey. I'm glad it's given you hope, too! :)

    I will check these out! Thanks Rachel!

    XO,
    Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "Blessings" song! Haha the tune has started to annoy me now that I've listened to it so much, but it's useful nevertheless.

    Love you!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment or shoot me an email - thekidwitharthritis@gmail.com I'll try to get back to you either way!